CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

11/08/2010

hahaha great the last thing I read is my letters have been short lately and honestly I don’t have much new to tell you that’s the problem. This week was pretty typical except for one awesome thing is me and Elder Dahlin had splits with each other haha It was a lot of fun. We bought ice cream and taught a bunch of people and then just went home and talked about home and stuff. It was way fun! It’s just what I needed and nice to be able to talk to people who kinda share the same experience. The Philippinos don’t really understand life for an American back home. But this week I have been focusing on being more direct in a caring way because sometimes I think I am too bold and direct which everyone says is awesome but I feel like I could maybe say some things a little better. I’m at the point where Tagalog is no longer the problem and I just need to learn to talk like I would in America but in Tagalog. It’s a lot harder than it sounds. But like everything - it just takes time.

I really do miss my life back home and honestly can’t wait to get home but time on a mission really does go by fast and it’s going to be over it seems before it ever really started! Haha! Seriously!

I sent home a package the other day and it should get there sometime before next years Christmas! Haha! (It got here in 5 days!) Its just got some junk in it that I picked up here. It cost me a small fortune to ship it and I’ve decided that’s the last one I’m sending I’m just going to have to stuff everything in my suitcases for the home trip.

Good work on the missionary effort and I don’t think people realize it really is that easy especially if it is a referral or somebody who hasn’t already been harassed or had a negative experience with missionaries or religion in general. The problem is there are only so few that haven’t had missionaries knocking on their door - the secret is to break down the wall of discomfort however you can do it. If you’re able to do that they will listen. Simply put that’s really how it works. We can knock doors all day and get nowhere or we can focus on the people we already know (friends, family, or neighbors) they are already comfortable they know your reputation they’re already prepared to listen and not fight it. How many members really understand that it’s not about knocking doors or just relying on the missionaries to teach and convert them! Ya missionaries have to teach for them to become a member but they aren’t baptized just because they believe what we taught them they are baptized cause they trust you and other members then they learn what you believe or what the person with the good reputation believes through the missionary discussions. They’re already converted to you way before the missionaries get there. Keep up the good work.

My area’s okay but Bambang has been flooding a bit but nothing serious! But anyways one thing nice is since that storm it’s been 10 degrees colder which in turn makes me 10 times happier haha seriously!!!

Anyways that’s all I got for this week. I think that’s a bit longer for ya!

Love ya, jas

No comments:

Post a Comment