CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

09/19/2010

Haha! He actually ate that canned meat crap – that’s gross. No I eat it a lot too but it’s actually pretty gross. I just eat it to survive. I would rather have those kippered snacks or sardines things rather than the meat crap here. But anyways that’s the life of a Philippines Missionary!

But anyways this week was ok. Less active people are so much more difficult than just everyday investigators but we have about 13 people that should be getting baptized in the upcoming months as long as they stay on track. It’s really hard here cause we have some of the highest standards for baptism in the whole world. Matthew and I were talking about it back when … it’s sometimes really hard for people but if the believe and realize much more is at stake than their worldly lives they will suck it up and realize they don’t need beer or coffee and they can sacrifice enough to go to church or pay fast offerings and tithing.

I am now teaching English classes. Our first one is coming up this Saturday so I will let you know how that goes. I’m excited cause it should be pretty eventful. I know I’m going to get there and there’s going to be about fifty giggly girls but oh well I guess giggly girls can bring friends.

Today we had a zone activity. It was pretty fun! The only problem is I had no time to get anything done today other than go to this activity but it happens I guess and it was fun! We went to this huge shrine thing. It was pretty cool it was like a huge statue and it’s owned by this way rich Muslim guy and he opened it just for us and he didn’t let anyone else go in. I guess I wasn’t there to talk to him but that’s what they said.

It’s crazy how much has changed since I’ve been out! It’s crazy that Eric is 16 and I’m almost a year in the field it goes by quick. I want to see pictures of the cabin though and see how its going. I don’t know what else to write. Sounds like you guys are having fun and staying way busy. Andrea told me all about Bryson good thing he is ok now. How was your second trip in one year to England? I got to think I’ll probably never get to go back there but oh well I’ve got lots of other places to go.

I probably got to get going - Love ya Jas

PS: Here is a bit more about the Zone Activity Jason's Zone had in Elder Dahlin's words. (I borrowed it from Elder Dahlin's email this week)

"Today we had a zone team building and unity training, really cool! It was at Rizal Shrine in Bayombong ... really cool ... Rizal is a national hero here in the Philippines. The owner of the property had it closed to the public but we talked to him and asked if we could use it and told him what we were doing. He was cool. He spoke only English. He is from Jordan, not from the Philippines, he told his guards to only let the Mormons in. What a stud! Oh, and then he asked Elder Jakens how many wives he was allowed to marry. He told him one. Then the owner said: “Ahhhhh you are not as good as King David.” ahhh ha we had a good laugh about that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment