CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 6, 2010

09-06-2010

Sounds like you’re all pretty busy! I’m way busy now too we have so many appointments it’s crazy! My companion is a beggar (a missionary who begs to be able to teach someone) which is ok we’re just really busy now with investigators that probably won’t progress. My mission is more focused on finding the elect rather than just anyone -- but we do have some really great investigators the problem is the bulk of our investigators right now are not married to their spouse. In the Philippines the whole marriage thing is really really different. Here it is illegal to get a divorce which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but the problem is they have really low moral standards so it’s really hard for them to settle down to one person when they are worried it’s not going to work and they only get one shot -- so right now that’s kind of a big hurdle. We have 8 investigators that want to get baptized but are not yet married or can’t get married cause they were married to someone else before so it’s hard. We have a couple of younger people that are awesome so they should be baptized in a couple of weeks.

But anyways not a whole lot has happened this week. Last week we had a zone conference and Elder Edwards our area authority was there and he was a stud. He was a lawyer and he knew what he was doing he was awesome. Me and a couple Elders stayed and talked to him for about 30 minutes after our conference. He was super awesome.

One of my close friends in my zone Elder Kelson had a cousin that got shot and died last weekend so he was having a really hard time with that. I’m not exactly sure what happened but I guess he got to call his mom and it was pretty hard on him. I think he is ok now. But I don’t really have much else to say! Everything is going good here!

So I’ll talk to you later!
Love Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment