CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

08/15/2010

Yes mom I'm feeling a bit better still sick but better it’s ok I’m not losing work or anything it’s just stomach problems! It’s a usual thing here in my mission. But anyways sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. Sounds like a blast.

That is crazy how Eric is starting school already. Time really does fly. This cycle of my mission is almost over which is crazy and I know my comp is getting transferred which sucks. I would have hoped for 3 or 4 cycles with him but obviously that can’t happen haha! But ya anyways I have 2 baptisms this Saturday. I’m stoked for them -- they are awesome awesome converts they waited to really know if that’s what they wanted to do. They have been going to church for 9 weeks now so they’re really solid.

But with your new buddy just do what you’ve been doing. You have to set a good example then continue with it don’t just fade out all the sudden like we usually do and don’t be pushy I would just call the lady and ask if she’s still doing ok and everything with her daughter’s death. Old ladies are chatter boxes so as long as you get a conversation rolling it will work out. We had this lady that I saw on this porch one day and I could just tell she was a Catholic. She was wearing a huge decorative cross necklace and we went up to the porch and she said she doesn’t want to talk to us she doesn’t want all the conversations back and forth about religion and trying to convince her "we’re wasting our time" she said before we even opened our mouths and she said it in English. So of course I said Nanay you are really good at English where did you learn it? and like Nanays do she just went off talking how she lived in California and how she had a really hard life until her church paid for her to move to California and be some sort of priest lady. Then she started talking about Obama (she was a little racist but that’s beside the point) and she was just visiting and she was leaving soon but after about 30 minutes she says but I really think that my children could use a religion like yours cause see our church isn’t strong enough here in Indiana (a place we were tracting) they need something that will help keep the family closer. So we started teaching her kids later. They’re not progressing cause the church is far and they don’t want to go to church. But my point is that old people want friends and someone to listen they want to be congratulated for there accomplishments. And what not but anyways I would just talk to her and try to be her friend. That’s it.

But anyways one more short story for you about old people -- so we are teaching this old guy he speaks only Ilocano. He can’t read and he can only hear out of one ear and if you are yelling at the top of your voice so this man’s family are all members except him so we are teaching him about prophets. We said one sentence in Tagalog and his kid screams in his ear Ilocano so he can understand. So we are teaching and we tell him prophets are called of God and he was like I believe in prophets cause if we didn’t have prophets we would have airplanes (are translator tells us) so we’re thinking ok ya I guess whatever you say. Then we continue on and ask if he believes there’s a prophet today and he says of course there is if there wasn’t any prophets how in the world could they land on the moon. So we find out he had prophets and scientist or astronauts mixed up haha! It was so funny and after that my chair broke in half and I fell on my butt and he was just laughing his head off he is so so funny. I have pictures of him! It’s hilarious. So I guess that lesson didn’t go so well!

But anyways I got to get going.
Love ya, Jas

No comments:

Post a Comment