CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

08/01/2010

I don’t have to much to tell you but I guess I can tell you a story from awhile back I forgot to tell you -- so of course here in the Phillies we get lots of catcalls cause we’re white and gwapo (handsome) : ) but anyways unfortunately the catcalls don’t always come from just girls there's all these cross dresser gay guys that always say stuff. My companion taught me how to say slang for I'm going to hit you. So we were walking down the sidewalk and this cross dresser called me sarap (which means delicious) so I said babasagin ko mukha mo (which means basically I'm going to hit you) the gay guy did this little yelp gay surprised thing and was like you can speak Tagalog. Haha! My comp was just dying from laughter it was pretty hilarious.

But anyways I was talking to Matthew and he said he only has 10 months left. It’s crazy the time goes by so freaking fast. It’s crazy especially when you have a comp that works hard. We’re already half way through our cycle and I feel like I just got here. I'm scared cause I know my comps getting transferred and I’m going to have to endure another workless cycle haha! No I might get another hard worker who knows. But I’m going to send you some more pictures so you better enjoy them. oh the picture of the flash light the one on the left the red one is kinda what I want but it can be any color. The brighter or shinier the better.

There’s not very many baptisms on really soon but we have 6 investigators with dates so we should be looking at some soon. It’s kinda hard cause my comp had a really hard comp to work with last time so he didn’t have a lot to work with now we kick butt and we have 6 dates. That’s how it works -- the harder you work the more you have! But anyways I cant think of anything else to tell you - you can ask me a whole bunch of questions if you want I don’t care cause life here is just normal to me now so I always forget little things but oh well I guess I'll talk to you next week. We might come email again later so if I think of anything else to tell you I might write you again cause this internet shop is way better than all the rest it's fast too.

I know something else happened funny this week but I can’t remember what it was so I guess I’m going to have to start writing things down cause I forget too easily,

Anyways I’ll talk to you later!
Love ya, Jason


Matt's letter
Ya it’s way sweet. I’m excited about my new area for sure. I like it here a lot better haha but ya it does go by way fast it will be over before you know it especially when you work hard. This week me and my comp slaved, like seriously killed ourselves, we had about 20 member presents and like 10 others also with 40 oyms that’s like way way awesome for our mission. We had to waste a bunch of time with district meeting and stuff cause my comps the district leader so we have to waste basically a whole day every week to get to Solano for accounting and district meeting and this week we had to give a presentation to little kids about hygiene and go spend a bunch of time doing other peoples baptism interviews. So for all the time helping other people we still crushed it this week.

But anyways keep up the good work. The Tagalog is great I feel like I need one more cycle and I’ll be able to say whatever I want. I can basically say what I want now but sometimes I trip up. Haha but anyways I’ll talk to you next week!
Love ya, Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment