CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

12/12/2010

Well I don’t have much to tell you either. We have 6 baptisms scheduled for Jan 1st. They’re so far out cause we basically had to start the area out from scratch. We have to wait a month for each person to make sure that they’re ready to get baptized. So hopefully they follow the WOW and go to church then they can be baptized on the 1st.

But anyways other than that not a whole lot has changed. Christmas here is kinda lame. Some people get little trees and then put a few lights up. The problem is people here are poor so they aren’t going to go and drop a hundred dollars buying lights. They might have like one string or so kinda like our house! Haha! It really doesn’t feel like Christmas for me - I think it’s because it’s so hot. But it’s okay! It’s nice because it’s easier to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. President gave us this list of scriptures and we study one everyday until Christmas. It’s awesome! It’s supposed to be a companion thing but my comp doesn’t want to do it so I do it myself. It’s cool - each day there’s an assignment and a scripture. We are to do just little things like make a Christmas Ornament or give a Book of Mormon to someone just little things its fun.

That’s cool there’s a family that have been to the Philippines in the ward. They probably speak Cebuano.

That’s too bad dad didn’t get his Christmas goose. I miss duck hunting so bad but I think I’ll be home next year to get the best part of duck season so I’ll make dad take all of December off so that we can hit it hard! I can’t wait! Matthew keeps reminding me every week how little he has left on his mission. He told me today 4 cycles only that is really nothing … that goes by so fast - every cycle feels like 2 weeks! So that means in 8 weeks Matthew will be home haha!

I don’t have anything else to say!
Love ya and no I didn’t get the packages! It’s too soon. Haha!
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment