CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

04/19/2010 (Burgos Area)

Transfers: Probably staying in Burgos! Will find out who his new companion is next week!

Kamusta!

Alright so this week we did have our baptism. I didn’t actually baptize her but that’s ok cause I get to baptize 2 people Saturday so that’s going to be way sweet. But this Thursday is transfer so I’ll get my new comp this week. I’ll be staying in Burgos - they don’t usually transfer me if my comp is going home they usually leave one elder in the area and since my comp and Elder Hale’s comp is going home I think we’ll be staying. But anyways don’t worry too much about sending me that stuff right away I don’t need it that quickly and I know it’s expensive so take your time.

I’m going to get a disc of my pictures made soon and I’ll send them to you but how much was my memory card for my camera cause I can get them here and I think it might be cheaper and I’ll just buy memory cards to store all my pictures. But that watch was metal and black remember. But ya I don’t know too much else to tell you. I’m running out of ideas but I’m getting a pretty sweet hunting pack I designed made today. It’s pretty amazing we’ll see what the guy can do hopefully he can make it like I want it.

I guess Burgos and actually the whole Roxas zone is really remote we have one decent sized city and it’s in Roxas that’s where we go to email and buy groceries. Me and Elder Hale always have huge boxes of groceries and we try to squeeze on the jeepneys with all our junk it’s pretty crazy. We rarely have time to do anything fun on pdays really like Matthew does but that’s ok the whole week is an adventure in itself. I think it’s mainly cause there’s not too much to see in our zone. The cool places to bisita are in other areas like the rice terraces and the jungle so I’ll get to see them when I get transferred so I'm glad I got the flat lands first.

Elder Hale fell in a 12 ft deep hole the other night I wasn’t there but he got home and was just dyeing of laughter. Here they don’t have street lights and they didn’t take a flashlight and there’s this huge hole that is for drainage when it rains like crazy and he was walking & talking and fell down the hole and of course his companion freaked out and was like o my gosh but Elder Hale was just fine. He is just glad he stopped sliding before he made it to the lake of death which is the most nasty water full of garbage and junk … so luckily for him he didn’t take a swim he stopped short! I guess it took him a while to get out of the hole though haha. He came back all scraped up and dirty, but was just in hysterical laughter. It was funny to hear the story.

But I’m hoping you spell check my letters first cause my spelling is embarrassing! Haha! I don’t know what else to tell you, the language is coming along. o but my favorite investigators are this group of girls like 9 of them from 16-24 years old one of them is like 34 though they’re so funny though! They die when we show up, they’re really loud and excited but they’re like the gwapos are here, hurry up and sit down, grab them some snacks and clean chairs. They’re so cool! They listen and keep commitments. It’s just usually a riot before and after our lesson. It’s fun though cause it’s like teaching 8 lessons in one cause there are so many people. When I say like a long part in tagalog and not just a couple of words like a whole part of the lesson they clap when I’m done and are like very good. It’s funny! But anyways I got to get going!
Love ya guys.
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment