CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

06/07/2010 (Transfers but stayed in Burgos)

Companion: Elder Pangan
Roommates: Elder Hanks & Elder

Elder Hale got transferred NOOOOOOOOOO! Seriously it sucks haha but I'm holding in there! haha It’s ok I'll pull through!! But anyways the week has been good. We have 7 baptismal dates. I don’t know really what to tell you other than everything’s good.
I didn’t get the package yet and it’s going to be awhile I'm sure. I wish I had good England food or American food I am so so sick of rice. I seriously am used to it but I would give anything for a big steak. So that’s crazy it’s bad weather. It’s bad weather here too but it’s a little different meaning hot and crazy all together. I don’t have much time left. Everyone is done except me, surprisingly so I’ll talk to you next week have a good week!

Here is Matthew’s letter from me!

So this week has been really good I'm staying in Burgos like I thought but that’s ok it was a good week. We have 7 investigators with baptism dates that’s so crazy! Burgos last year had a total of 8 baptisms in one year. Me and my comp or going to have way more than that and we have people coming back to church. It’s so awesome!

What people really need around here is just a reality check and they need someone to talk to them with common sense. Seriously though, in the phillys the biggest thing for us is being bold. A lot of missionaries go and teach less actives these lessons that they’ve heard a billion times and wonder why it makes no difference and they still don’t come to church cause the missionaries just want lessons and don’t take the time to find the problem and just write down they have a lesson that made no difference like seriously the people here don’t understand like people in America do! So here they need to hear reason or lessons for them not lesson 1 or lesson 2 but their own lesson just for them and sometimes they don’t even need a lesson. This one lady was all offended and she wouldn’t come to church for the last 6 months and we went to visit her. My comp was trying to teach her and she was obviously busy so I asked why don’t you come to church and she said something about they didn’t give her son food in primary and she was offended. I said well I don’t know what happened but I know that going to church is important and if we didn’t have trials and obstacles then we wouldn’t build faith cause if everything in life was easy and perfect and we had everything we wanted we wouldn’t have faith or we wouldn’t see the need to get closer to God or GO TO CHURCH. She looked at me and was like Elder I think you’re right. And I said Sister Abad we are really in a hurry I really hope you’ll come to church tomorrow but we’ve got to go and she said she’ll try. And she came to church and walked the whole way it was so far too. It was so good. Sorry about the long story but that’s my spiel on being bold and saying what you’re thinking as long as it’s not overbearing. My comp just looked at me and was like wow that was good and we started making jokes about how she was mad at Elder Ward and that she was going to yell at me and join the inglesian church to bash Mormons cause Elder Ward was so blunt! Haha! It was a good day but we were just joking around about it but it worked and she came. People just need someone to explain it so they can understand they don’t need to hear restoration 12 times or Plano ng kaligtasan 100 times they need straight up reason!

Sorry but the phillys are great! I don’t have any sweet stories this week but I got your backpack it’s sweet and you’ll get to see it in 1 year! Haha! But it is really sweet it’s just like a small hunting pack it’s sweet you’ll like it. Anyways keep up the good work there and keep the comps in line!

love ya Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment